Monday, June 11, 2012

Learning from Java Videos?

   I have a few YouTube video subscriptions about Java programming that I watch and sometimes just listen to as I am doing other things. I am not sure it is doing anything for me when I just listen but I have so little time that I am hoping that at least subconsciously I am picking up something. I  would say most "educational" videos online ( mainly YouTube ) are very poorly done but I don't leave any bad comments because I appreciate the effort that someone spends to make them . There are diffidently better video posters then others and to those I click the "like" button and I will leave a comment if I think it is very well done. I do wish  that people understood that videos are about presentation and the best videos concentrate on just a few things shown in a fast format. They should not worry about the viewer missing what you said, they can always rewind the video and watch again.
   Some videos are so informative that you overlook the poor presentation but it does make it hard to keep watching.

10,000 hour to mastery.    
10,000 - 119.25 = 9880.75 hours left